TERMS & CONDITIONS
GTRAIL ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
GTrail respects your privacy. When using our website, you may get information, communicate with us, or link to other websites with whom we do business. While doing this, you may give us information so that we can provide enhanced products or services to you, as well as personalize your experience on our Website.
Your privacy, and the privacy of all users of https://g-trail.com, is of the highest priority. If you have any questions, please email us. This policy governs websites owned and operated by GTrail. Our policy does not govern websites of other parties to which we may provide links because GTrail is not responsible for, and cannot control the privacy practices or content of, those sites.
Here are the principles governing our information practices and other privacy aspects of our websites:
- Information Collection and Use
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Cross-border transfer
- Questions or Suggestions
- IP Information Collection and Use Practices
- Data Storage
- Contact Us
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
GTrail collects Personal Information when you register for GTrail events, newsletters or activities, visit GTrail pages, and enter promotions.
GTrail also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, GTrail cookie information, and the page(s) you requested.
GTrail may collect any additional information relating to you that you voluntarily provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through our representatives or business partners.
GTrail may use Personal information received from you in connection with: to fulfill your requests for information on products and services or any specific questions sent to us, to respond to any complaints, to contact you about offers and new products, to follow up on marketing initiatives and to generally manage your relationship with us.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
GTrail will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. GTrail will send Personal Information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of GTrail (e.g. affiliates, distributors or resellers) to provide a product or service to you or for further follow-up related to your interests.
- We have to disclose your Personal Information in respond to a lawful request by public authorities and agencies, to meet any applicable law and regulation or to protect GTrail’s assets as permitted by law.
We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). We may be required to disclose personal information that we handle under the Privacy Shield in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
GTrail complies with the requirements of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
GTrail adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access and recourse, enforcement and liability with respect to all personal information transferred from the EU or Switzerland to the US within the scope of its Privacy Shield certification. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Certain personal information may be subject to more specific privacy policies of GTrail, which are also consistent with the requirements of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Unless we tell you differently, companies who work on behalf of GTrail do not have any right to use the Personal Information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us. GTrail ensures that those companies are contractually bound to confidentiality and use the data received on behalf of GTrail in line with this Policy and guarantee an adequate level of data protection.
GTrail we will remain liable for any failure by the third party that receives personal information on behalf of GTrail, unless we prove that the event giving rise to the damage was solely caused by the third party.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
GTrail strives to keep your Personal information accurate and up to date. You may request to review, correct or modify and delete the Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or object to the use or processing of such Personal Information by us. In such cases, please send us the respective request to [email protected] and we will respond to your requests within 30 days.
IP INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE PRACTICES
GTrail receives IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a Web page.
When a GTrail Web page is requested and viewed, that request is logged on our servers with information including the IP address of the computer that requested the page.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including estimating the total number of users visiting GTrail from specific countries or regions of the world.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and is stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but to protect your privacy, your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
- Provide you with customized content.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using GTrail’s products and services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve GTrail content and services.
- Require you to reenter your GTrail password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you.
In addition to the first-party cookies we set, we use external services that set third-party cookies to:
• Enable information sharing across social media services.
• Provide you with targeted advertising in relevant contexts on external sites.
• Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using third-party services.
• Enable third parties to aggregate anonymous user behavior data and provide such research data to GTrail.
• Monitor and report on site and service usage across GTrail websites and web pages.
• Query third-party services such as Facebook for recently changed information.
SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
In addition to cookies, we use Web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs” and “1×1” pixels) and coded URLs. These techniques may be used:
• In online advertising to determine which advertisements you have viewed.
• In our promotional emails to track whether an email has been viewed and subsequent clicks on hyperlinks.
• To support remarketing for AdWords Ads on the Google Display Network. Remarketing technology serves you ads across multiple websites based on your browsing interest and behavior
In addition, you may choose not to open emails or download images in emails you receive from GTrail.
To opt out of tracking via coded URLs, you may choose not to click on hyperlinks embedded in marketing emails you receive from GTrail.
Company: GTrail LTD (https://g-trail.com), hereby referred to as “GTrail”
I hereby recognize that I am binding myself into a contractual relationship with GTrail and partners.
I hereby affirm that I am physically and morally fit to participate in the proposed activities and release GTrail and partners, of all responsibilities in case of accidents, wounds, whether light, severe or fatal as result of the non-divulgation of personal medical information or in case of accident due to negligence.
Having given due consideration to the services proposed by GTrail and partners, its representatives, employees, administrators, members, sub-contractors and all other persons or affiliated entities. I am aware that Trail running is very demanding on the cardiovascular system, the respiratory systems and on the articulations. I am in good health and I will train well for the event throughout the year. I do not suffer from any cardiac problems, chronic muscular, joint or spinal problems or any other medical condition that could put me at risk during a race.
I accept and recognize the following:
1. I hereby take cognizance of and respect the rules and regulations of the proposed activities.
2. I accept to assume responsibility for the inherent risks attached to the activities in which I have decided/agreed to participate in.
3. I confirm that I am neither under the influence of any alcohol nor under the influence of any drugs.
4. My participation in all the activities of GTrail and partners is purely voluntary, and I have chosen to participate in them as a fully informed person.
5. I consent to disengage GTrail and partners, of all claims, request for indemnities or judicial suit/proceedings made by myself and/or my heirs further to my participation in the activities that I undertook.
6. I engage myself to exonerate GTrail and partners, of all judicial suit/proceedings and responsibilities for loss of material, damages and costs borne by a participant, security guards or any other person further to my conduct or participation in the activities provided by GTrail and partners.
7. Despite all the efforts and precautionary measures, taken by GTrail and partners, to put at my disposal appropriate equipments and competent staff for the chosen activity, I recognize that these activities contain certain risks that cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique cachet of these activities.
8. These same elements of risks may lead to losses or material damages, wounds, sicknesses or in extreme cases, permanent traumas, invalidities, or human death. I also understand that GTrail and partners estimates it important to inform me in advance of the danger and inherent risks pertaining to the activities in which I have decided to participate.
9. I am responsible for all equipments that will be entrusted to my custody and accept that all equipments loss or damaged will be claimed back in whole or in part by GTrail and partners.
10. I am conscious that by affixing my signature at the bottom of the present document or by accepting the agreement online at https://g-trail.com, I am engaging myself to never sue GTrail and partners, before a court of law for any corporal blows, loss or damage to my material/belongings, human death from any legal aspect save for the professional negligence of GTrail and partners.
11. I accept to give to GTrail and partners, the authorization to use, reproduce and distribute photographs, films, bands and recording of my persons for marketing purposes.
I declare that I have read and understood the statement of recognizance of risks and the Disclaimer with respect to claims in damages or indemnities as stated above.
I will make sure that the Organization receives my valid Athletic License or my Medical Certificate.
SIGNATURE OF THE PARTICIPANT (compulsory)
SIGNATURE OF PARENT OR GUARDIAN (compulsory) – Where a participant is aged 18 years old or below
Any dispute, difference, claim or action arising out in tort or in contract between the parties shall be governed and construed by the Laws of Mauritius and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Mauritius.
ACCORD DE RESTRICTION DE RESPONSABILITE
Je reconnais par les présentes m’engager dans une relation contractuelle avec GTrail et partenaires.
J’affirme que je suis physiquement et moralement en forme pour participer aux activités proposées et désengage GTrail et partenaires, de toute responsabilité en cas d’accidents, de blessures légères, graves ou mortelles à la suite de la non divulgation d’informations médicales ou en cas d’accident dû a une négligence.
Je suis conscient que le Trail est très exigeant sur le système cardio-vasculaire, respiratoire et sur les articulations. Je confirme que je suis en bonne santé et que je vais m’entrainer suffisamment pour les différentes courses auquel je participerais. Je ne souffre d’aucun problème cardiaque, problème chronique musculaire, articulaire et de dos ou de toutes autres conditions médicales qui pourrait me mettre à risque pendant une course.
En considération des prestations proposées par GTrail et partenaires, ses représentants, employés, administrateurs, membres, sous-contracteurs (ou sous-traitants) et toute autre personne ou entité affiliée, j’accepte et reconnais ce qui suit :
1. Je m’engage à prendre connaissance et à respecter le règlement des activités proposées.
2. J’accepte d’assumer la responsabilité des risques inhérents aux activités auxquelles j’ai décidé de prendre part.
3. Je confirme ne pas être sous l’influence ni d’alcool, de drogue (s) ou produit (s) dopant (s).
4. Ma participation dans toute activité de GTrail et partenaires, est purement volontaire et j’ai choisi d’y participer en toute connaissance de cause.
5. Je consens à désengager GTrail et partenaires, de toutes réclamations, demandes d’indemnités ou poursuite judiciaire faite par moi et/ou mes ayants droits suite à ma participation aux activités encourues.
6. Je m’engage à exonérer GTrail et partenaires, de toute poursuite judiciaire et responsabilité pour perte de matériels, dommages et coûts encourus par un participant, secouriste ou toute autre personne suite à ma conduite ou ma participation aux activités de GTrail et partenaires.
7. Malgré tous les efforts et précautions pris par GTrail et partenaires, pour mettre à ma disposition des équipements appropriés et un personnel compétent pour l’activité choisie, je reconnais que ces activités comprennent certains risques qui ne peuvent être éliminés sans détruire le cachet unique de ces mêmes activités.
8. Ces mêmes éléments de risques peuvent entraîner des pertes ou dégâts matériels, blessures, maladies ou, dans des cas extrêmes, traumatismes permanents, invalidités ou mort d’homme. Je comprends aussi que GTrail et partenaires estime important de me mettre en garde d’avance, aux risques inhérents aux activités auxquelles j’ai décidé de participer.
9. Je suis responsable de tout équipement qui me sera confié et accepte que tout équipement perdu ou endommagé soit réclamé en partie ou en tout par GTrail et partenaires.
10. J’ai conscience, qu’en apposant ma signature au bas de ce document ou en acceptant cet accord en ligne sur le site web https://g-trail.com, je m’engage à ne jamais poursuivre GTrail et partenaires, en justice pour toute blessure corporelle, perte ou dommage à mon matériel, mort d’homme sous tout aspect légal à l’exception de négligence professionnelle évidente de GTrail et partenaires.
11. J’accorde à GTrail et partenaires, l’autorisation d’utiliser, de reproduire, de consacrer et/ou distribuer des photos, films, bandes et enregistrements de ma personne à des fins publicitaires.
Je m’assure de faire parvenir à l’Organisation ma License d’Athlétisme valide ou à défaut mon Certificat Médical datant au maximum de 10 mois avant la date de la course.
Je déclare avoir lu et compris la fiche de reconnaissance de risques et d’accord de dédommagement et d’indemnité ci-dessus.
SIGNATURE DU PARTICIPANT :
SIGNATURE DU PARENT OU TUTEUR (POUR LES PARTICIPANTS SOUS 18 ANS – NOM ET PRENOM(S) DU PARENT OU TUTEUR AUTORISANT LE PARTICIPANT A PRENDRE PART A LA COURSE) :
Le présent document sera régi par les lois de la République de l’Ile Maurice.
The “Terms & Conditions” were last updated on 10 January 2020.